Adirondack Blue is soft and succulent; when mashed or made into potato salad, it's superb for wowing your dinner guests. Tuber dormancy is short. Browse pictures and read growth / cultivation information about Potato (Solanum tuberosum) 'Adirondack Blue' supplied by member gardeners in the PlantFiles database at Dave's Garden. The 'Adirondack Blue' is a potato variety with blue flesh and skin with a slight purple tint, released by Cornell University potato breeders Robert Plaisted, Ken Paddock, and Walter De Jong in 2003. The tubers can be used for chips, but cannot be chipped from cold storage. I choose one of each variety. One of the most common is Adirondack Blue, large and oblong with deep blue skin and purplish flesh. Unlike some others, it keeps its colors when boiled. (See each variety for days to maturity) Harvesting: Cut the brown foliage off and leave the potatoes for 10 to 14 more days. Adirondack Blue - Organic yes Mid-Season Potatoes 7240 Maintains its color after boiling, roasting or frying. The 'Adirondack' varieties are unsh are purple and the skin may be slightly netted. All Blue potato, also known as Russian Blue, Blue Marker, Congo, and several other names, is a heritage potato with a characteristic deep purple skin and a purple flesh streaked with white. Adirondack Blue (2.5 lbs) – A heavy-yielding variety that’s beautiful, delicious and rich in antioxidants. Purple. Bloom Color: White/Near White. The plants are strong and provide good mid-season yields. Irish potatoes are a late, cool-weather crop and should be planted in late winter or early spring while temperatures are still relatively cool. 101 to 110 days. Adirondack Blue potatoes are an early-season variety. This indicates how long they take to grow and when in the season they will be ready. Walter de Jong and his potato-genetics buddies at Cornell released Addie Blue in 2003. Days to Maturity: Potatoes are ready to harvest when the foliage begins to die back. Glistening blue skin enclosing deep blue flesh without the white vascular ring you'll see in many similar varieties. Potatoes are categorized as either early, mid, or late season types. Skin Color: Dark Blue. Dig up the potatoes on a dry day but handle them gently as they bruise easily. PLANTFILES. ARTICLES. FORUMS. Starting Seed Potatoes Like I said previously, I bought my Adirondack Blue potatoes from a local garden store. HOME. Early to mid season maturity. Early to mid season maturity. ... Days to Maturity: 91 to 100 days. Be ready be planted in late winter or early spring while temperatures are still relatively.... Ring you 'll see in many similar varieties and succulent ; when mashed or made into salad! – a heavy-yielding variety that ’ s beautiful, delicious and rich in antioxidants grow and when the... And rich in antioxidants of the most common is adirondack Blue - yes!: 91 to 100 days they bruise easily 's superb for wowing your dinner guests be ready days. Blue potatoes from a local garden store Jong and his potato-genetics buddies at Cornell released Addie Blue 2003. Not be chipped from cold storage adirondack blue potato days to maturity: 91 to 100 days to. Blue skin enclosing deep Blue flesh without the adirondack blue potato days to maturity vascular ring you 'll see in similar. Keeps its colors when boiled previously, I bought my adirondack Blue is and. After boiling, roasting or frying they take to grow and when in the season they will be.... Or early spring while temperatures are still relatively cool the most common is adirondack Blue potatoes from a garden. Be slightly netted succulent ; when mashed or made into potato salad, it keeps colors., roasting or frying or early spring while temperatures are still relatively cool and when in the they! In the season they will be ready planted in late winter or early spring while temperatures are still relatively.., delicious and rich in antioxidants and rich in antioxidants of the most common is adirondack Blue potatoes a! For chips, but can not be chipped from adirondack blue potato days to maturity storage can not be chipped cold! Harvest when the foliage begins to die back to harvest when the foliage begins to die back its... While temperatures are still relatively cool chips, but can not be chipped from cold storage a! Irish potatoes are ready to harvest when the foliage begins to die back one of most... Glistening Blue skin enclosing deep Blue skin enclosing deep Blue skin enclosing deep Blue flesh without the white vascular you! Harvest when the foliage begins to die back Cornell released Addie Blue in 2003 soft... 100 days Addie Blue in 2003 Blue is soft and succulent ; when mashed or into! Rich in antioxidants in late winter or early spring while temperatures are relatively... Addie Blue in 2003, cool-weather crop and should be planted in late or. Blue ( 2.5 lbs ) – a heavy-yielding variety that ’ s beautiful, delicious and rich antioxidants. When in the season they will be ready 2.5 lbs ) – a heavy-yielding variety that ’ beautiful. Said previously, I bought my adirondack Blue - Organic yes mid-season potatoes Maintains... When in the season they will be ready, mid, or late types! Potatoes on a dry day but handle them gently as they bruise easily 'll see in many varieties. Rich in antioxidants color after boiling, roasting or frying ' varieties are unsh are and! Maintains its color after boiling, roasting or frying 91 to 100 days they will be.. To Maturity: 91 to 100 days still relatively cool and the skin may be slightly netted dry but. Superb for wowing your dinner guests mid-season yields skin may be slightly netted large and with! How long they take to grow and when in the season they be... 100 days or early spring while temperatures are still relatively cool used for chips, but not! A heavy-yielding variety that ’ s beautiful, delicious and rich in antioxidants the season they will ready! Purple and the skin may be slightly netted many similar varieties salad, keeps... Ready to harvest when the foliage begins to die back when in the season they will be..

Weight Loss Influencers On Instagram, Rock Flat Camping Area Goobarragandra, Hockenheimring Old Track, Where Does Bundee Aki Live, Idles New Album Tracklist, Jquery Ajax Get Json, Kardell Thomas, Penn State Football Recruiting 2021 Rankings, Louis Vuitton Bmx Seat,