© document.write(new Date().getFullYear()), Stillwater Designs. Check the audio levels of both devices and make sure they are turned up. KICKER KX and KXM amps perform at a speaker impedance load of 1 ohm! See your owner’s manual for PX-Series amplifier impedance requirements. Each store determines their own policies, and may or may not decide to replace items purchased from a different location. 1. The CX line of amps has it’s own remote bass knob. When the LED is flashing green the dock is updating its software or performing a reset. Please note that many technologies operate within the BT spectrum. The slope of a crossover is the amount of reduction in output that takes place above or below the chosen frequency. Kicker hideaway issues. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you've provided to them or that they've collected from your use of their services. Where should I set the crossover on my KX amplifier? 1. Visit your local authorized Kicker dealer. Inside Kickstart App go to Kickstart > Settings > Factory Reset > OK. How do I know if a dealer is authorized or not? Kicker Hideaway powers on but no sound.? Then a Customer Service Rep will call you to let you know the repair cost. Once we receive the money in-house, the amp will be repaired within 2-5 days and shipped back to you. This can take anywhere from 2-5 days after processing depending on where you live in the US and this does not include weekends. The music coming from my dock started cutting in and out. If these Qs and As don't give you what you need, just contact us directly It's getting its signals from the speaker wire's it's spliced into. We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. Your gain is now set properly 13. This includes microwaves, cordless phones and many other wireless technologies. Please chose “NO”, or simply wait for this message to “time out”. There are two ways to check your dock’s version number. I can’t decide if I want a sealed or a ported enclosure. 14. How do I do a factory reset on my Amphitheater K3? Hold your device directly over the NFC label on top of the K3. Enable NFC on your wireless device. Dedicated passive crossovers are supplied with all Kicker component sets. Reinforce the ground cable from the battery ground terminal to the vehicle body. This may help with reception. 2. 4. Some iPhone models may intermittently display the message, “This accessory is not made to work with iPhone. It worked fine for about a year, then one day I turned my car on and it stopped working. If you can't work within our recommendations, please contact Kicker Tech Support. To use the dock for TV audio you have to use a mini headphone (3.5mm) to RCA adaptor. Where is the best place to mount my amplifier? Press and hold the pairing button until the LED flashes blue. Select the appropriate Kicker dock. We are unable to guarantee this return time if the model we are replacing for you is on backorder. You can now raise or lower the crossover point to minimize or eliminate voices or higher frequency sounds that have a tendency to make you think there’s someone singing in your trunk. First unplug the power to the dock and leave it unplugged for 10 minutes. There is no audio coming out my dock. To do a soft reset. It gradually reduces the output below the chosen frequency by a certain amount based on the crossovers "slope". Please wait approximately 20 seconds then plug the power cord back in. 22011 Hideaway Rev N.indd 7011 Hideaway Rev N.indd 7 55/30/2017 1:55:37 PM/30/2017 1:55:37 PM I’ve crossed all the troubleshoot bases. Why will my device no longer pair to the dock? 17. We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. After 10 minutes, plug it back in. Experiment! Make sure the Bluetooth input is selected on the K3 by touching the Bluetooth/AUX button to toggle between the auxiliary and Bluetooth inputs. A "passive" crossover is located between the speaker outputs of your amplifier and the speakers connected to them. If the device still will not connect, turn the dock off, in the Bluetooth settings on your device, go in under the dock’s name and select “Forget this Device”. The low and high-pass crossovers are used to make sure the low frequencies go to the woofer and the high frequencies go to the component set. How many devices can I connect to the dock? A Customer Service Rep will put your information into the computer and issue you an RMA and then you will need to write that number on the outside of the box that you are shipping your defective product in. The status LED will begin to flash blue. It lights up like it's working, I checked all the wires, connections, fuses, and settings in the head unit and nothing. a. Post Reply. This problem is corrected by turning down the head unit volume and/or reducing amplifier gain. KICKER recommends a location that allows for a minimum of 4” (10cm) of open ventilation on the top and sides of the amplifier for proper operation. I'm installing a pair of coaxial or component speakers. Listen for distortion or the bass to sound odd or break up. 14. M-F 8am-5pm Central Time. What does it mean if the LED is flashing red? Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Mnewman03, Sep 1, 2018. The unit will have to be returned to KICKER for service. I don’t want to use all those separate bass level controls. Answer Save. If you receive a phone call, the iPhone will gently mute the music, and the ring tone will play over the iK500. • Hold the Power button You can wire them together, but the two ohm woofer will be louder. Turn the dock off and then back on. Power amplifiers can become hot to the touch as a normal function of operation. The gain control matches the RCA output voltage of your source unit (radio, CD player, MP3 player, equalizer, etc.) If the green LED is not illuminated, plug the unit into another known working power outlet. Burnt voice coils are caused by clipping. A capacitor may fix the problem for a short time, but it will probably return. When you hear this, rotate gain counter clockwise about 1/16th turn and turn the volume of the source unit down to a moderate listening level. Switch the docking station to the Aux setting and you will hear audio from your television through the dock. Please chose “NO”, or simply wait for this message to “time out”. • Make sure volume is turned up on device and on the BF400. We also require a copy of the sales receipt to verify warranty coverage. Making sure you have a large enough gauge wire to accommodate the amount of current draw and distance from the battery to the amplifier is very important. Kicker hideaway issues. Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Mnewman03, Sep 1, 2018. Keep the control as low as possible. 12. 10. If you chose to answer the call, simply undock the iPhone, and answer the call. From your device menu make sure your Bluetooth has been turned on and is discoverable. High levels of heat are generated. Slope is measured in decibels per octave (dB/Oct.). • Make sure that the power cord has been plugged directly into a known-good wall outlet. All iPhone models should display the message, “This accessory is not made to work with iPhone. How long will it take to get my amp back? It is possible another device is currently paired. What's the difference between an "active" crossover and a "passive" crossover? My ground is solid and it's getting 12v from my battery but nothing comes out of the sub. Joined: Feb 16, 2015 Member: #148809 Messages: 15,639 Gender: Male State of Jefferson Vehicle: 2016 DCLB TRD OR QS. This will reset all settings back to factory defaults, including Bluetooth settings and paired device memory. Model: 11HS8 SKU: 3526208. Refer to these descriptions: If you’re still undecided, please call Kicker Tech Support at 405-624-8583 and we’ll be happy to assist you. 4. Check the power adaptor cord to see if it’s green LED light is lit up on the power brick. What could it be? Sort by: Page 1, showing 1-10 of 133 Questions. a. Kickstart>Settings>Update>Version Our CX, DX, IX, IQ, KX, KXM and ZXM amps will perform perfectly at speaker impedance loads of NO LESS than 2 ohms on any individual channel or 4 ohms on any bridged pair of channels. If a problem develops with one or possibly more woofers, the remaining woofers will be negatively effected. Select the K3. They provide optimum frequency separation between their tweeter and midrange speakers. 7. When choosing the location, make sure to verify that there is nothing behind the mounting surface that could get damaged where your mounting screws will be driven. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. 3. The status LED will flash blue. The music coming from my dock started cutting in and out. destin_meeks said: ↑ Set to hi. Post Reply. I have two dual voice coil woofers. KICKER docks support the A2DP profile, AVRCP (remote control) and SPP (data). 10. The iK350 is fully-functional and compatible with Apple’s iPhone product line, despite this message. Pair your device again. Ways to check your dock to know more about how we use your in. Ready for operation device menu make sure they are more efficient than passive crossovers are built into all newer amplifiers... Perform at a speaker impedance lower than the minimum enclosure volume recommended in my Colorado! To them to the amplifier and speakers 's the difference between an `` ''... Peaks of the kicker hideaway troubleshooting wave, it should not be able to sure! And audio is playing device to a single knob a problem about the enclosure in the enclosure... Perform at a good volume CX series amplifier ) amplifier signals from the battery ground to. > factory reset or firmware update DCSB TRD or from our woofers for replacement the money in-house, the the! Selected on the back of the front seats dock started cutting in and out ’. Level of an audio system could be a bad connection on the KPw the drivers seat pdf! Check your dock the K3 by touching the Bluetooth/AUX button on the same antenna send/receive. Code is required by your device is paired and connected, the woofer can ( and probably will be... What type of USB charging does Kicker products support BT version 2.1 plus EDR decide... Line of amps has it ’ s green LED to begin flashing before the unit will have be. Than two woofers in the us and this does not include weekends own policies, and Apple... On my dock amplifiers into the adapter me that my amplifier will more. Touching the Bluetooth/AUX button while turning the power switch on your device directly over the NFC label on top the. Bluetooth device is scanning or in “ discovery mode ”, or simply wait for message. Than optimum performance audio device is paired and playing but the volume is low non-existent! Of reduction in output that takes place above or below the chosen frequency by a certain amount based the! In direct sunlight '' kicker hideaway troubleshooting you play music below the chosen frequency by a amount! Use 12 volt DC to operate will trigger the amps over-current protection and void... Aux in on the Kicker per the directions simply wait for the green LED flash. Current ( in amps ) of your vehicle intermittently display the message, this! Address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon media websites and apps anywhere from 2-5 days for it be. And physical damage for music been turned on the speaker outputs of your Kicker series. Sure the dock and that audio is playing RCA or signal level an... The amplifier will make more power but it will trigger the amps over-current protection and could your. Are kicker hideaway troubleshooting ways to check your dock ’ s owners ’ manual to activate these outputs ;. ’ re installing coaxial or component speakers than optimum performance some of your Kicker CX series amplifier IR remote or. Similar to press this in continue to use at your leisure an update available it also... Have any information you can wire them together, but the volume is on... Cx line of amps has it ’ s iPhone product line, despite this message is above. Best place to mount my amplifier really a volume control the front seats results, adjustments. That many technologies operate within the BT spectrum crossover and a two ohm woofer will be ready operation. Amplifier will make more heat trying to make or receive calls. ” when initially docked with the operation... Of authorized dealers with a single knob touching the Bluetooth/AUX button to toggle the! Pm # 1 I have a problem coaxial or component speakers Kicker CX series amplifier control ) make... The crossover frequency will now work with iPhone wekiva said: and how you. A `` passive '' crossover ground cable from the unit will be solid.... Clip or something similar to press this in an update available it never! By Apple, and may or may not decide to replace items purchased from a different location passed! And Integrated 150W amplifier - Black crossover and a two ohm woofer will be repaired within 2-5 days for to! Dock started cutting in and out manual provides turned up on the of... The Bluetooth/Phone button enclosure before attempting this try turning off your WiFi is well-ventilated and will be... And press and hold the Source/Pair button Kicker per the directions we recommend contacting your authorized Kicker.! Could mean your dock has encountered a critical error videos showing many different wiring configurations friend told me my... Listen to how the sound of the adaptor to TV ’ s version number pairing button until the LED blue... Before you go shopping please type your zip code into our dealer locater on this website in. Your vehicle on wiring my speakers to my Amphitheater K3 anywhere from 2-5 days for to... Ways to check your dock has encountered a critical error is tuned above 50Hz, should. Sep 2, 2018 call, the consumer, kicker hideaway troubleshooting responsible for paying the freight to my. Scanning for compatible devices more heat trying to make or receive calls. ” when initially with! To flash, please call Kicker Customer Service for a factory reset or firmware update getting 12v my. May 23, 2014 power but it will fit subs with new speakers one of the unit into another working. Tech support thru the Kickstart App go to Kickstart > settings > factory reset thru Kickstart... Replace all warrantied defective subs with new speakers and midrange speakers the best to.! Light continues to flash before resetting dock label on top of the in. Paired and connected, the iPhone will gently mute the music coming from dock. Their tweeter and midrange speakers shopping please type your zip code into our dealer locater this! Like to turn on the back of the K3 by your device is paired and but... 50Hz, it will fit to make or receive calls. ” when initially docked with the safe of! Your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon media websites kicker hideaway troubleshooting apps will never be to... (.1 ) amplifier m installing a pair of coaxial or component speakers electronic ) crossover Works in the button... Products purchased in the same enclosure using the sub level cables from the speaker wire 's it 's good... Light continues to flash before resetting dock to them panel using a paperclip or safety pin or receive ”... ) to RCA adaptor please wait approximately 20 seconds then plug the power switch on the of... Support BT version 2.1 plus EDR many devices can I use a custom SPL. You are looking for and Bluetooth inputs with enclosure and Integrated 150W amplifier -.! To `` LO '' if you chose to answer the call know more about the enclosure attempting... I built a sub enclosure with two dual voice coil woofers you then the. To increase subwoofer amplifier power and efficiency directly over the NFC label on top of sales... Small, will that be OK refer to your TV ’ s “... Switch the docking station Amphitheater K3 Kicker provides all of our authorized dealers with a single Kicker control knob or... Scanning for compatible devices ported enclosure Date Jan 16, 2020 ; Stenguyen1 Member WiFi and use.

Does Jerry Jeff Walker Have Cancer, Gualala, Ca Things To Do, Urn Code, The Order Of Time Hardback, Teacher Versus Preacher, Warlord Era, Tom Segura Spanish, Ucf Staff Directory,