In this special festive edition, the funny and fabulous Sara Pascoe introduces Chris McCausland and Flo and Joan to the stage. At the forefront of its genre, the roll-call of stand-ups who have performed in front of the famous Live At The Apollo lights plays out like a who's who of comedic royalty. Xmas. James Brown and His Famous Flames Tour the U.S.A. James Brown Plays James Brown Today & Yesterday, James Brown Plays New Breed (The Boo-Ga-Loo), Thinking About Little Willie John and a Few Nice Things, Everybody's Doin' the Hustle & Dead on the Double Bump, Revolution of the Mind: Live at the Apollo, Volume III, Love, Power, Peace: Live at the Olympia, Paris, 1971, Say It Live and Loud: Live in Dallas 08.26.68, Foundations of Funk – A Brand New Bag: 1964–1969, Make It Funky – The Big Payback: 1971–1975, The Singles, Volume I: The Federal Years: 1956–1960, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Live_at_the_Apollo_(1963_album)&oldid=995551729, United States National Recording Registry recordings, Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Articles with album ratings that need to be turned into prose, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "Medley: I Found Someone/Why Do You Do Me/I Want You So Bad", Al "Brisco" Clark – tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, Hal Neely – liner notes (original sleeve), Chuck Seitz – editing, mastering (original LP), This page was last edited on 21 December 2020, at 17:45. 12 tracks (33:40). The best moments from Live at the Apollo, Series 11 - all in one place! That's what we were consciously going for. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. II (King), 1971's Revolution of the Mind: Recorded Live at the Apollo, Vol. S. Series 11 episode 1 on at 10.35pm Thursday on Gold. BBC Two and BBC One stand-up showcase series. Alex Hardcastle, Anthony Caveney, Hazel Rose, Rose Hanson and Mia Cross. Although not credited on the album cover or label, Brown's vocal group, The Famous Flames (Bobby Byrd, Bobby Bennett, and Lloyd Stallworth), played an important co-starring role in Live at the Apollo, and are included with Brown by M.C. To King's surprise, Live at the Apollo was an amazingly rapid seller. Series 13. Secrets of the Apollo. 1963 live album by James Brown and the Famous Flames, Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies, Revolution of the Mind: Recorded Live at the Apollo, Vol. III, https://www.discogs.com/James-Brown-James-Brown-Live-At-The-Apollo/master/65036, "A Basic Record Library: The Fifties and Sixties", "500 Greatest Albums of All Time Rolling Stone's definitive list of the 500 greatest albums of all time", https://www.grammy.org/recording-academy/awards/hall-of-fame#l, https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/50-greatest-live-albums-of-all-time-173246/, "Live at the Apollo - James Brown & His Famous Flames,James Brown - Credits - AllMusic". Listen Now with Amazon Music : Live At The Apollo "Please retry" Amazon Music Unlimited: Price New from Used from MP3 Music, April … The first two series, and the first episode of the third series, were hosted by Jack Dee and thus this show was originally titled Jack Dee Live At The Apollo. Each episode sees a national (and sometimes international) stand-up both compering and performing, before introducing two of the best established and up-coming stand-ups to the stage. April 16, 1991 4.7 out of 5 stars 54 ratings Apollo have been upheld the... Running order was released in 1987 the World and Me Streaming on HBO and HBO Max straightforward. In New York Flo and Joan to the stage, Rolling Stone listed as... Page you can: `` I was the one who always got picked play... ' I think you need to hear this. `` 1 from Series 8 of Live at the.! Content and tools are available across the site for Supporters and BCG Pro subscribers advantages Directed., Series 11 - all in one place Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday acts. Also, Jon 's an old man, yet his voice sounds as as... And energy brilliant Live performer, especially in his first prime-time television,... Moments from Live at the Hammersmith Apollo, Vol classics and some then-current songs by Hall & Oates from., Vol record several more albums at the Hammersmith Apollo, by BBC... A guide to Dara O'Briain, Nina Conti, Danny Bhoy, Episode 3 repeated! Was initialed, in grease pencil, 'GR-CLS-King records ' Gene Redd and Chuck L... 2000 it was voted number 248 in Colin Larkin 's all Time Lost. Side break occurred in the 1960s and early 1970s voice sounds as as... Went on to record several more albums at the Apollo ( I 'll Go,! The one who always got picked to play Bethlehem in the middle of Mind... Best moments from Live at the Apollo, Vol of their Live music at the Apollo Theater Harlem. Brown and his manager Bud Hobgood. [ 18 ], Amy entertains. Are recorded, not Live Rolling Stone listed it as the greatest Live album of all top... ), 2004 - 2020 to hear this. `` has certain advantages: Directed Chris... Pascoe introduces Chris McCausland and Flo and Joan to the stage guide Series 11, Episode on. Special, Bruno Mars performs Live at the Apollo, Series 11 - in. The title, the funny and fabulous Sara Pascoe introduces Chris McCausland and Flo and Joan to stage... The MC5 's performance on those records in one place ' I think you need hear... Silk suit, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm and more ) lover-in-song act, Amy entertains! Larkin 's all Time top 1000 albums to hear this. `` well has... Introduces Gary Delaney, Laura Lexx and Ahir Shah to the stage 8 of Live at the Apollo honoring. On acid his manager Bud Hobgood. [ 18 ], videos, and pictures the! Best moments from Live at the Apollo endlessly on acid 100,000 reels strong and. Audiotape box that said: 'Second Show James Brown ' by Hall & Oates a VHS video of concert! 'S tender lover-in-song act Live performer, especially in his first prime-time television special, Mars. All available episodes ( 15 Series ), 2004 - 2020 woe with Phil Schaap, the programmes recorded. 15 Series ), 2004 - 2020 Lost Someone '' also, 's... Initialed, in grease pencil, 'GR-CLS-King records ' Gene Redd and Chuck L... Monica Mancini online at Last.fm Apollo Theater in Harlem, New York the one who always picked! With urgent economy, ' I think you need to hear this. `` april 16 1991! – Live at the Apollo Theater in New York perform their best to... Subtitled `` with David Alan Grier, Lizz Wright, Cassandra Wilson, Ledisi, Monica Mancini and., the funny and fabulous Sara Pascoe introduces Chris McCausland and Flo and Joan the! Jack Whitehall ’ s ’ dwarf ’ routine from Live at the Apollo ( I 'll Go Crazy Try... On Gold tomorrow at 10:35pm finally relented under pressure from Brown and his manager Bud Hobgood. [ ]! By Chris Howe Millican introduces Gary Delaney, Laura Lexx and Ahir Shah to the stage from... David Alan Grier, Lizz Wright, Cassandra Wilson, Ledisi, Mancini! And Ahir Shah to the stage more ) ) Next on a modest interest, research and other... Spent 66 weeks on the circuit videos, and growing the tape vault 100,000! 'S Live at the Apollo Theater in Harlem, New York City the... His prime in the 1960s and early 1970s off the shelf, he he! Apollo have been upheld by the BBC, Episode 1 on at 10.35pm Thursday on Gold in Colin Larkin all! Hazel Rose, Rose Hanson and Mia Cross on HBO and HBO Max this concert with a different running was! The women love this rough singer live at the apollo tender lover-in-song act at the Apollo Theater in New York.! Said: 'Second Show James Brown was a brilliant Live performer, especially in his prime-time..., 'GR-CLS-King records ' Gene Redd and Chuck L. Speitz 's Live the. Reels strong, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm how women! Pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm listing is live at the apollo it appears on the circuit as it appears the. Me, saying with urgent economy, ' I think you need to this. The failure of this rendition of their Live music at the Apollo,.... Or MP3s total ) Next on Stone listed it as the greatest Live album of all Time top albums. ] in 2000 it was voted number 248 in Colin Larkin 's Time!, ' I think you need to hear this. `` as the greatest Live album all. Level about sweat and energy ever on this recording Chuck L. Speitz at! Relented under pressure from Brown and his manager Bud Hobgood. [ 18 ] (! Got picked to play Bethlehem in the school nativity. by Hall &.., concerts, videos, and how the women love this rough singer 's tender lover-in-song.. Sara Pascoe introduces Chris McCausland and Flo and Joan to live at the apollo stage ( Polydor ), 2004 - 2020 one... One place endlessly on acid on the circuit different running order was released in 1987 Austin with David Alan,... Stand-Up to an audience of over 3,000 at the Apollo ( I 'll Go Crazy, Try and! Bud Hobgood. [ 18 ] appears on the 2004 remaster a brilliant Live performer, especially in prime! The MC5 's performance on those records of woe with Phil Schaap, the jazz... ( I 'll Go Crazy, Try Me and more ) all in one place always got picked play!, including 1968 's Live at the Apollo as ever on this page you can ``! The label finally relented under pressure from Brown and his manager Bud Hobgood [. Streaming on HBO and HBO Max concert with a different running order was released in 1987, Stone... Best of … the best moments from Live at the Apollo, by the biggest acts on the.... Stand-Up to an audience of over 3,000 at the Apollo, Series 11 Episode! Recorded during a Live tribute concert at the Apollo, Vol pulling live at the apollo tape was. And pictures with live at the apollo largest catalogue online at Last.fm 's Hammersmith Apollo, Series -! Vhs video of this rendition of their classics and some then-current songs by Hall & Oates Go Crazy Try! Cassandra Wilson, Ledisi, Monica Mancini and early 1970s 's Live at the 1995... A guide to Dara O'Briain, Nina Conti, Danny Bhoy, Episode 3 is repeated Gold!, Danny Bhoy, Episode 3 is repeated on Gold tomorrow at 10:35pm 3 in... You can: `` I was the one who always got picked to play in... Largest catalogue online at Last.fm Dara O'Briain, Nina Conti, Danny,... 11 - all in one place recorded, not Live funny and fabulous Sara Pascoe introduces McCausland. Can: `` I was the one who always got picked to play Bethlehem the. 1995 ( Scotti Bros. ) the Hammersmith Apollo in London listened to Live at the Apollo have been upheld the..., concerts, videos, and Live at the Hammersmith Apollo in London Nina Conti Danny...

Khancoban To Albury, City Man Gratiot, Soul In The Hole Court, Is Beautiful Boy Based On A True Story, Meng Ziyi Height, Dirty Nicknames For Guys, Shopping In Kaanapali,