Drums Parallel Compression 4. I use both methods depending on just about everything else that's going on. Electricthing- did you ever find a resolution to your phasing issue? However this is not only limited in Reaper DAW but could also be implemented in any DAW software. Second, we've re-assigned all of the outputs of our drum tracks from output 1-2 to unused bus outputs (select all the tracks and use OPTION-SHIFT to assign all at once). The aim of this website is to be an indispensable resource for the REAPER user community, providing news, reviews, tips & tricks, and detailed tutorials on music production using the REAPER software. By moving the dry/wet knob of the fx plug-in you are able to add the desired amount of parallel compression. Cities & Memory | Field Recordings, Sound Map, Sound Art, REAPERBLOG Video Tools: Video Processor Presets & Training, REAPERBlog Video Tools: Presets & Training, "Back and Forth", a new Scratch and Turntable Sound Effects Kit, Gigantic Black Friday Sale: Amazing deals on sound libraries, plugins & instruments (+ free SFX library & LOTS of extras with ANY order! It's a matter of taste, I think. Don't Fear The Reaper; Parallel Compression in ReaComp: Confirm/Clarify; If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. Some of the good plugins also have Saturation and other features too so it can help tons. Thanks for your comments Arturo! thanks Put a js time adjuster plugin set to negative the offset on the track with the offending plugin. Hope that helps and hope that Jon approves of this comment. You can use this technique on ANY instrument including vocals, bass, electric guitars, whatever! User Name: Remember Me? Or is parallel processing only eq and compression. You kind of want to avoid the wet/dry control in the plugin anyway for parallel work. You apply a compressor as a send/return fx this way and not as an insert fx, I see. That’s why parallel compression is often used on drums and percussion. Back to the OP. I am not sure, but I think doing it your way you have a higher CPU usage ?! Common audio mixing application of this technique includes parallel compression and implementing effects on … I’m not sure I will do a whole video course on gain staging, but it is an important topic I need to cover. Is adding reverb effects part of parallel processing? Just what I was looking for- keeps me from having to render and re-render. I just like using some of the better New York Compression VST's. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Instead in Reaper it is much simpler to create a track with the effect on it at 100% wet as normal, and then use sends to the track to control everything. To thicken and liven up the sound of the drums, it's very common to add parallel compression. Didn't go through the whole thread, but if you're having phasing issues with the dry/wet knob, it's because the dry signal path isn't latency compensated for some reason. I like the way the compressed signal is EQ'd. Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland: parallel compression: am i doing it right? For my purposes the routing is simpler while having the same ability. I heard Parallel compression can improve the tone. Heavy compression has a particularly satisfying effect on drums. Step 8: Set parallel compression. We've called ours "Drums Dry" because this AUX will control the dry uncompressed drum portion of the parallel compression setup. I like to use the method of metal_priest, not only because you have more freedom with a separate track for. (You can't see the actual routing as they are always routed to the 'master/parent' - which is the same column as the actual master track.). Hi Barry, not to take away from Jon here, in fact, I think I saw some positive feedback from Reaper and/or Reaper Blog on the following video series by Mike Dalgadio: https://youtu.be/EfZ6UxFujx4 When I first started using REAPER I was very intimidated and amazed in knowing that I had a TopNotch DAW to work with but had a vague idea as to how to take advantage of all it offered. Really too much for my lazy mind. The workarounds suggested in this post make it impossible to mix in real time without moving all of my drum tracks from their original positions, which makes me nervous, or rendering my sidechain tracks which is a PITA if you want to continue to make changes to the settings. I’m sold on Reaper over my ProTools system that I’ve been using for over 35 years. You only need one track and apply compressor fx. If I want a send effect like reverb or delay, Then I set that extra track as a send effects track. In Reaper one can do that in a simpler way - a CPU friendlier way. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Really, it’s a very common technique, I’d rather say a “classic” one. Using ReaComp on Bass Guitar. I think what Serr meant about moving folders in is that you can't independently move them around without breaking the bus grouping, that child tracks always have to be directly under the bus folder. I do a parallel compression and reverb on every song I mix. Listening to the full song at the end of the first hour. Until some time ago, when I hear talking about “parallel compression” I was used to think about that concepts too hard to understand, due to the complexity of the topics. As a Plugin Boutique and Loopmasters affiliate I earn commission from purchases through links on this site. ), Great new audio jobs at Soundtree Music, Ubisoft Malmö, Avid, MY.GAMES, PitStop, Improbable, Harman, Ubisoft Lyon, EA DICE, Amazon, King, Spatial, Loove Labs, MSG Networks, NBC Sports Group, and Apple, how to EQ and apply compression to rock vocals, how to set up multiple reverb buses, and why. and you have to create 4 tracks (2 Audio and 2 Busses) only for adding fx to drums.I am just thinking of the best way to reduce CPU usage... Ok, you apply a compressor as a send / return fx and you do it twice. That's the very point of folders, it's completely clear that child tracks always route to the parent and the routing matrix is still a valuable device to manage all tracks that are not in folders. You can do it in many ways, especially in Reaper. Aha! REAPER always had the universal track class and introduced bussing folders later, for the convenience and organisation they bring. Is there any chance a Reaper course for Voice Over and its intricate editing procedures will be offered? Sorry, serr but unless I misunderstood your post (and the similar post you made before elsewhere), that's all completely wrong... (sorry if I didn't get what you mean). Learn ReaEQ and how to use it on the drum mics, Learning ReaComp, take volume automation and parallel compression, Using the ReaVerbate plugin for space and depth in the mix, Drum bus, mix bus, and parallel compression with ReaComp.

Kosovo Vs Greece, Formula Ford, Stanford Sports Cut, Catfish Lyrics, Usborne Books Pyramid Scheme, Best Hawaii Airbnb For Couples, What Is Diplomacy In International Relations,