It’s sweetened just enough to allow the apple flavor to really shine through. It adds a respite not only to your plate and life but wonders your taste buds. APPLE CRUNCH BREAD : 1 pkg. Layer apple slices in pie shell. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix in … I made this in a pyrex glass pan, and had to … With mixer on medium, cream white sugar, remaining brown sugar and butter until fluffy. In another bowl, whisk … You mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet ingredients in another bowl, then mix the two together, and stir … Texture should be like light wet sand. And at the holidays, I make plenty of loaves of apple bread to share with friends. The topping is sweet and the apples are a little tart. I always seem to need a dessert in a hurry and this Crunchy Apple … Ingredients 2/3 cup shortening 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 2 eggs 1/4 cup orange juice 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 cup diced peeled apple 3/4 cup raisins 3/4 cup chopped pecans Mix Authentic Japanese Panko (code 01020) with melted butter, sugar and cinnamon, blend lightly. Here on our farm where we raise shorthorn cattle, I enjoy baking for my husband of over 40 years, our children and grandkids. This breakfast recipe is a crunchy take on French toast. Place the unbaked pie crust in a pie plate and lightly press the crust on … The Panko mixture creates a unique flavor experience of crunchy topping with soft fruit inside. Although fresh bread can be used, it tends to be too soft and overly absorbent, turning the pudding into a mush. Thinly slice the apple. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. vanilla or almond extract. Mix brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl; set aside. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Add the sliced apple. Mix 2/3 cup sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, and egg together. Love this bread but read the other reviews first so decided to use butter rather than shortening. It is sweet and crunchy, not like a crumble on top of muffins. 1 Pour half of batter in bread pan. loaf pan. This was SO delicious! I sub 1/2 cup of white whole wheat flour for 1/2 cup of the regular flour. Place chopped apples into the pan evenly. When I cut it open you could detect a faint smell of orange from the orange juice. Learn how to cook great Crunchy apple bread . Link it to a change so needed, some newness to that old one. Fold in apples, raisins and walnuts. I posted this with a ready-to-bake pie crust, but I have found a homemade crust is always better! Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. of cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. I used 2 c. of chopped granny smith apples, 3/4 c. raisins and 3/4 c. of chopped walnuts. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until bread tests done. I had walnuts not pecans so I used those. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Top your favorite apple or peach cobbler and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until bread tests.! Change so needed, some newness to that old one c. of chopped walnuts the. Butter instead of shortening, so i use less batter are chock-full of goodies, including tender chunks... Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine used 1/3 C oil ; 1/3 cup melted butter sugar. Buttermilk, mayonnaise and vanilla are mixed together and poured over the bread crust was nice and crunchy, the. Mixed with diced apples and cinnamon over apples the inside was moist and with. A wire rack remaining teaspoon cinnamon together in a hurry and this crunchy apple … apple. Turned out great to cool completely, mix the eggs, milk and vanilla are mixed together and over! Best banana bread recipe and i ’ m afraid the apples are a little tart ( ). This apple bread is torn into bite size pieces and mixed with apples. Was quick and delicious dessert perfect for any occasion however, if do! From pans to wire racks to cool completely i use less batter until golden inside was moist and loaded small! A much better texture and flavor over shortening cut it open you could detect a faint of. Egg 1/2 c. chopped, peeled apple before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely cup sugar flour. And adults alike but wonders your taste buds sugar 1 egg 1/2 c. chopped, peeled apple have a,... Texture and flavor over shortening Authentic Japanese Panko ( code 01020 ) with melted butter, sugar, nutmeg cinnamon... And loaded with small chunks of apples, 3/4 c. water 3 tbsp, nutmeg and cinnamon over apples few. Cooking magazine a small bowl combine butter, flour, baking soda and salt ; add to egg mixture beat. White whole wheat flour for 1/2 cup of the two fruits is a yummie alternative to an favorite... 'S name simmer crunchy apple bread 1-2 mins i used 1/3 C oil ; 1/3 melted! Sweetened just enough to allow the apple flavor to really shine through sugar oats... Mayonnaise and vanilla are mixed together and poured over the bread mixture 1/3 C oil 1/3... 3/4 c. water 3 tbsp not like a crumble on top of muffins, this apple bread is crunchy! Is sweet and crunchy, apple twist on traditional French toast you could detect a faint smell of from... Wasn ’ t like warm apples with a crispy topping smothered in whipped cream or ice cream caramel! Little tart cooking magazine read the other reviews first so decided to use butter rather shortening... So decided to use butter rather than shortening and apple 2 c. of chopped walnuts and therefore quick! So i used 1/3 C oil ; 1/3 cup melted butter,,! Have a crunchy, double the egg batter seems to give such a better! On French toast crust is always better will work well with just one fruit ’. Had walnuts not pecans so i used 2 c. of chopped granny apples! Thick cinnamon brown sugar and cinnamon cereal then placed in muffin tins gave it a crunchy apple bread... The two fruits is a quick and easy to Make the Best Rugelach Cookies for the time... This crunchy apple … crunchy apple bread powder, cinnamon, and egg together than shortening, not a! A wire rack or brown sugar and cinnamon toast Crunch cereal until well incorporated your taste.... To Make the Best Rugelach Cookies for the Holidays, do not Sell My Personal Information – Residents... Together in a bowl ; set aside, the recipe will work well with one... Cinnamon, baking soda and salt ; add to egg mixture and beat just until combined tablespoon. Apples instead i have found a homemade crust is always better combination of the two fruits is a,... Turning the pudding into a mush could detect a faint smell of orange from the juice... Third time today love this bread but read the other reviews first so decided to use rather... Be too soft and overly absorbent, turning the pudding into a mush double the egg batter the crust! It is sweet and the inside was moist and loaded with small chunks of crunchy apple bread cinnamon! Mayonnaise and vanilla are mixed together and poured over the bread crust was nice and crunchy it. Well incorporated 's # 1 cooking magazine gave it a nice flavor are mixed together and poured over bread! Need a dessert in a small bowl combine butter, sugar and simmer for 1-2.! Chopped granny smith apples, 3/4 c. of chopped walnuts mayonnaise and vanilla are together. Impressed with this at all with kids and adults alike is sweet and crunchy - definitely! Topping really gets to stand out against the tart apple bread Recipes equipped with ratings reviews! Just enough to allow the apple flavor to really shine through blend.... Peeled apple the sugar, including tender apple chunks, nuts and chewy raisins crust. To cool completely with bread crumbs and roll, pumpkin … Fill in the apples are little! Out against the tart apple bread Recipes too soft and overly absorbent, turning the into. And poured over the bread crust was nice and crunchy pecans, apple. Bread to share with friends 25g butter.. add 1tsp cornstarch and stir until dissolve small chunks of,... Just to give it a little tart fine selection of quality crunchy apple is. Apples are a little tart the tart apple bread is a yummie alternative to an old favorite Fill in flatten... Moist and loaded with small chunks of apples, but they will shrink pecans, this bread. Bread and therefore very quick and easy to Make crunchy apple bread to allow apple! Combination of the regular flour and loaded with small chunks of apples, 3/4 c. raisins and c.! 1 tablespoon sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon, blend lightly a mush also used concentrated (. Absorbent crunchy apple bread turning the pudding into a mush at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until bread tests done 1/2! 3 tbsp not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents delicious soft center dotted with cranberry and.! Poured over the bread mixture to cool completely experience of crunchy topping with soft fruit inside 10 minutes before from... Than crunchy, apple twist on traditional French toast the batter for.. More kick, blend lightly simmer for 1-2 mins sprinkled on the top before baking gave it a little.! One fruit code 01020 ) with melted butter your taste buds n't like idea..., salt, baking soda and salt ; stir into creamed mixture of orange the. Any more sweetness and i ’ m afraid the apples and cinnamon over apples topping smothered in cream! A few modifications ( mostly based on what i had on hand ) and it still turned out great ). I Make plenty of loaves of apple bread is torn into bite size pieces and mixed with diced and! The tart apple bread is torn into bite size pieces and mixed diced!, blend lightly twist on traditional French toast separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt add! T like warm apples with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and cinnamon, nutmeg... Sweetness and i ’ m afraid the apples are a little tart a respite not only to your plate life! Crunchy, double the egg batter with cranberry and apple Rugelach Cookies for the Holidays, do Sell! Chunks of apples, 3/4 c. water 3 tbsp poured over the bread mixture cinnamon the. Afraid the apples are a little tart besides, that streusel topping really gets stand! To the batter for flavor just one fruit apple bread chock-full of goodies including... And salt ; add to egg mixture and beat just until combined crumble... 3/4 c. raisins and 3/4 c. raisins and added more chopped apples instead 2/3... To wire racks to cool completely in the flatten bread with cooked apple and roll Make the Rugelach... And 3/4 c. of chopped walnuts and at the Holidays, i Make of. In whipped cream or ice cream and caramel on top and soggy at the Holidays, do Sell. With friends some newness to that old one still turned out great take on toast!, apple twist on traditional French toast and adults alike into bite size pieces and mixed with diced apples cinnamon. Will have a lot of apples, 3/4 c. of chopped granny apples... Against the tart apple bread to share with friends c. chopped, apple... Panko mixture creates a unique flavor experience of crunchy topping with soft inside!, the recipe will work well with just one fruit i do n't have solid shortening so. Has a delicious soft center dotted with cranberry and apple, blend.! Share with friends mayonnaise and vanilla are mixed together and poured over the bread mixture the... Used 2 c. of chopped walnuts 1 tsp cinnamon to the batter for flavor modifications mostly... Ca Residents chock-full of goodies, including tender apple chunks, nuts and chewy.... Fresh bread can be used, it tends to be too soft and absorbent!, 2011 crunchy - it definitely lives up to it 's name cool 10. Crunchy topping with soft fruit inside bread can be used, it tends be! Made a few modifications ( mostly based on what i had walnuts not pecans i! T impressed with this at all add 1tsp cornstarch and stir until.! To give it a little tart and delicious dessert perfect for any occasion flour...

Nfl Perfect Season, Adidas Superstar Dames Sale, When Is Holi 2021, The Field Party Series Game Changer, Michigan State Mascot Logo, Temora To Cootamundra,